The Nonprofit Feature Suite is the set of features that are available to verified nonprofit organizations & their verified chapters.
What do these features include?
- Reduced donation fee from 8% to 3.5%
- Ability to receive direct payouts from Giving Campaigns who choose to fundraise on your organization's behalf
- Access to your organization’s Giving Campaign Dashboard, with Downloadable Supporter Lists (First and Last name, Email Address, Phone Number, Purchase/Donation Amount)
- Chapter-based nonprofit functionality, including an optional “Explore Chapters” section on your organization’s Bonfire profile page. Verified chapters receive all of the same perks as the parent organization.
- Ability to send thank you notes to organizers of Giving Campaigns benefiting your organization
- Verified Nonprofit badge (in Dashboard & Campaign page)
Before your organization has the ability to utilize our Nonprofit Feature Suite, our team must verify the Nonprofit status. To learn more about claiming your organization’s profile page, check out How To Claim Your Nonprofit’s Profile Page.
How do we verify Nonprofit organizations?
We ask for one or more of the following:
- IRS paperwork with your organization's EIN showing nonprofit status (Determination or Affirmation Letters are perfect!)
- Form 990
- Organization EIN found on Charity Navigator
- Proof that you are employed by the organization in a management/executive position. If your organization is entirely volunteer based, to be approved, the volunteer applying must have an official title. For a full list of approved titles, please see the bottom of this article*
- That your organization is not fiscally sponsored by another organization
You can get started and get more information by visiting Bonfire for Nonprofits. If you would like this feature suite enabled, you can get started by clicking the Getting Started button, or in your Dashboard under your Account in the Organization section.
Once your Nonprofit status is verified, you can also check out the Connect your Organization’s Classy and Bonfire Accounts article to link your Nonprofit’s Classy campaigns through Bonfire.
Please reach out to us directly with any additional questions on our contact page. We’re more than happy to help.
* Acceptable roles for approval (name variations are okay): Founder/Co-Founder, President, CEO/CFO, Vice President, Executive Director, Board Member, Treasurer, Fundraising Coordinator/Chair, Director of Development, Director of Operations, Community Development Manager, Admin Director, Principal Officer, Manager of Philanthropy, Controller, Managing Director, Financial Director, Foundation Manager